Girls U12 EXTRA 2013/2014 Section Champions (Proud Coaches Ryan/Umrao)
What is AYSO Extra?
AYSO Extra is a competitive soccer program designed to provide a more challenging level of play for those players who possess the appropriate interest, skills and abilities and to enhance each player’s experience and individual growth through the game of soccer while retaining the spirit, organization, and philosophies of AYSO.
Why is AYSO Extra a better option than club soccer for competitive players?
1. Positive Coaching – well trained certified, experienced and knowledgeable coaches who are positive, instructive and encouraging with the players. To help players better develop their technical skills, tactical abilities and fitness.
2. Player Development – setting a clear path to help players achieve realistic goals and realize their potential while having fun and learning the game of soccer.
3. Small side games – Fewer players on the field provide more touches for all players involved.
4. Everyone Plays (¾ play or equal play mandate) – no one sits on the bench.
5. Low cost – Registration fee is 50% - 80% less than the cost of a club program.
6. Quality Referees – well trained who are mindful of player safety and who referee for the love of the game, not a paycheck.
When does AYSO Extra Start?
Player tryouts will be held late April of 2014. Practice starts in Aug. and the regular season play starts around the first week of Sept. As part of the registration fee Region 68 Extra teams will participate in the Moorpark Extra tune-up tournament and the Camarillo Extra Cup tournament prior to start of the regular season.
What is the registration fee?
The registration fee for the 2014 Fall season is $200. [ New player, additional cost for Jacket $50 (Optional) The fees include regular AYSO registration fees, home and away uniforms, Moorpark and Camarillo Extra tournaments.
How do players get chosen for the Extra team?
Participation in the EXTRA league will be determined by open tryouts using highly qualified player evaluators.
Number of players per team?
Roster size and number of players on the field will be the same as the AYSO core program:
U9/U10 – 7v7, maximum of 10 on the roster
U11/12 – 9v9, maximum of 12 on the roster
U13/14 – 11v11, maximum of 15 on the roster
U15/U16 – 11v11, maximum of 16 on the roster
Will the Extra program utilize the ¾ play rule or equal play mandate?
Yes. All players who regularly attend practice and are committed to the team will play at least ¾ or equal play mandate of every game. For those players that habitually miss practice or games, the coach has the discretion to limit play to ½ of the game.
Who do the teams play?
We will play Extra teams coming from all over California that are within Section 10. Approximately 50% of the games will be home and 50% away. Regions participating: Visalia, Tulare, Bakersfield, Victorville, Palmdale, Quartz Hill, Agoura, Thousand Oaks, Newbury Park, Simi, Moorpark, Malibu, Saugus, Canyon Country, Valencia, Balboa, VNSO, Woodland Hills, North Valley, Burbank, Chatsworth, Camarillo, Ventura, Santa Paula, Santa Barbara, Fillmore, North, Oxnard, Carpinteria
How long is the season? The AYSO Extra League begins practicing in Aug. and the regular league season begins in September, followed by Section 10 Championship games. Winner of Section 10 Championships will play in the Extra State Championship games (held in March, For U10 – U14) Note: For U15 and U16 teams, they will finish League play and Section 10 Championships in Nov. [There are no State Championship games for these divisions]
Who is coaching?
The volunteer coaches for this program are selected based on their training, experience and other qualifications.
GU13 EXTRA 2013/2014 Section 10 Champions (Coaches Wolfgang and agent 007/Dan)